Those shortlisted will be notified by Thursday 31st August 2017
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE AS IT WILL HELP WITH YOUR ENTRY.
All the information must be submitted online. Please read the following carefully and pay particular attention to the type, number and size of file that can be uploaded.
- All entries must be submitted using the online entry form.
- Under the Categories menu, select the category/categories you would like to enter and then choose ‘Enter here’.
- Complete your online entry form by 5pm Friday 23rd June 2017. Late entries will not be considered.
- Your entry will be confirmed by email and you will be advised of your entry reference number which must be quoted on all correspondence.
- Each entry should consist of 1 file for each question listed in that category. Each file should contain no more than 300 words with specific information relating to the evidence requested in the question. Plus 1 additional file with any additional supporting information or evidence of no more than 300 words and a maximum size of 2MB. All files can be in PowerPoint, Word or pdf files containing technical specifications or diagrams up to 2MB in size.
- Any videos should be uploaded to YouTube/Vimeo or similar and the URL only included in the submission.
- All files must be attached and sent in one submission, so please check that all your files have attached successfully. Incomplete entries will not be considered.
- Please include the category and question number in the name of the file but do not use symbols or punctuation in your file titles
- All entrants will be advised of their outcome by the end of August 2017.
- Shortlisted entries will be announced in the September issue of Highways magazine and on the website.
- All shortlisted entries need to be represented at the awards ceremony and a minimum of 5 seats must be reserved.
- Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony & gala dinner on Wednesday 18th October 2017.
Whether you’re entering an award for an authority / company / scheme / product / system / service or initiative, we can’t tell you exactly how you can win, but there are a few simple guidelines that could help with your entry and maybe even increase your chances of getting short listed or even winning.
To ensure that you submit the correct information, please carefully read each of the bullet points in the criteria for the category entered. Make sure you state what the criteria has specifically asked for in the additional files.
- Incomplete entries will not be accepted
- Submitting a video clip is often useful for the judges but remember if they don’t have a voice over there will be no accompanying explanation. This is optional.
- Remember to be succinct – make sure your entry has impact
- Please do not submit brochures or marketing material as this will not be considered for judging
- Products/schemes can be entered into one category only
Key items to include are:
- Details of any testing carried out (supplemented by the relevant results) that indicate the effectiveness of the entry
- Proof of measurement and success
- Consultation processes are also important – please give full details and examples of how these were addressed
- The benefits of the product / service that you are entering – explain the difference that you have made
- Before and after photographs, technical diagrams are also a powerful demonstration
- Any statistics that demonstrate the performance after installation / introduction
- Details of professional accreditations
- Demonstrate the value of the benefits gained by using the authority / company / scheme / product / system / service or initiative
- Industry references that support your entry
For further information, or if you experience any problems, please contact:
Adele Humphries on (01732) 448721 / email@example.com