The winner of the Road Marking Project of the Year 2017 is:
Lancashire County Council, WJ North Ltd & Meon UK Ltd
Bank Bridge, Tarleton
On a major strategic route between Preston and Liverpool, Lancashire County Council sought to improve road safety at this accident blackspot, this was achieved through collaboration with its framework suppliers.
Impressed by the performance of the scheme and the strong supply chain collaboration.
2017 runners up
WJ Group, Kier & Highways England
M55/M6 High Specification Road Marking Upgrade
Amey, Transport Scotland & Clearview Intelligence
Solar Stud Programme
The Road Marking Project of the Year is awarded to an organisation or highway authority, including joint submissions with the client and marking contractors/manufacturers, that has implemented a scheme or project which has improved road safety or network efficiency by making a significant improvement to road markings as a substantial part of the scheme. Other initiative and innovative ideas used in the scheme will be considered. The scheme must have been implemented within the past two years and have sufficient statistical evidence of its success.
- Outline the objectives of the scheme and how they were met.
- Provide evidence of the safety benefits to the highway authority and road users.
- Provide details on the standard and innovative quality of materials/products in terms of quality and value for money.
- Give details on any client/supply chain partnership that contributed to the scheme.
- Outline the overall impact on the environment.